STATIC ELECTRICITY question.TELL YOUR EXPERIENCES! Thx

FilipEnergyCZ

Reputable
Jan 13, 2015
Hey guys I'm building my first pc soon and now i found thing called ESD and read about. Motherboard was first component I bought and In that time I didnt know about this. And I held the motherboard few times while standing on carpet (I wasn't moving) I took it out of the bag and placed the MOBO on the bag and box itself . Then I placed it back into the anti-static bag and box.I did this few times so I'm really worried If I didnt damaged it. I would be so glad for every answer or your own experience. Thank you so much !

Solution
Electrostatic discharge can be real, but shouldn't be an issue. Many motherboards can handle some discharge; more worrisome when building is receiving DOA components, GPUs with coil whine, or anything that has been bent in shipping.

jafrankl

Reputable
Dec 7, 2014
Electrostatic discharge can be real, but shouldn't be an issue. Many motherboards can handle some discharge; more worrisome when building is receiving DOA components, GPUs with coil whine, or anything that has been bent in shipping.

Solution

FilipEnergyCZ

Reputable
Jan 13, 2015
I had normal clothes like t-shirt etc And I did few normal steps with it but I guess that doesn't count as a shuffling my feet around Thanks by the way

FilipEnergyCZ

Reputable
Jan 13, 2015
Thank you for the answer ! I hope everything is gonna be alright. I'll post here the final version of it for sure. But I have no idea when because I'm student and I'm making money for it on my own which is pretty hard in Europe. Especially with these prices here. lol

TRENDING THREADS