Static Electricity Restarted my Finished computer

lucas64002

Prominent
Dec 26, 2017
I Finished building my Pc a while back and I have problems of restarting when something else in the house happens/turns on(Bathroom light or fan, Chair downstairs spins?, stove turned on, microwave used). But I when I went to plug in my phone charger into my pc to charge my phone it restarted( I had rubber souled shoes on). This happened twice. Finally I tried the back of the pc and as I walked around the back my arm touched the case(NZXT S340 Elite) and it shocked the case then restarted again. Finally I took off my shoes and tried for a 4th time and everything was fine. I think it is a static problem with the case or motherboard, and if it is is it possible to fix it or is a defective component. Also I didn't shock it at all when building I was extra care full about that.

Solution
Thats not a static problem, you need to call an electrician.
The PC shocking you is one thing, thats the sign of a bad ground internally (the PSU).
But the PC restarting while something else happens in the house is faulty wiring.
Thats not a static problem, you need to call an electrician.
The PC shocking you is one thing, thats the sign of a bad ground internally (the PSU).
But the PC restarting while something else happens in the house is faulty wiring.

Solution

Are you positive the motherboard was installed correctly? Those little surges shouldn't cause a PC such problems. Sounds like a PSU issue.