Question Static from speakers after new motherboard install, only with audio signal

Aug 26, 2019
Title says it all, repost from, "So I had my old evga x99 ftw motherboard die on me. I replaced it with an msi z390m. After all was set up, I set up my logitec z906 speakers and discovered static everytime audio played. The audio that came through was also much quieter than it should have been. The static disappears after any audio signal stops. I tried plugging the speakers into my phone and they played perfectly fine. I installed all missing drivers, tried the headphone jack at the front of my computer, and new cables and none of it has worked. Windows is also fully updated as well as mobo specific drivers. Is this a case of a faulty mobo, or are my speakers just too much for it and I need a sound card?"

Everything suggested to me on previous thread I have already done. To be clear I have: Made sure every driver on my computer, including unrelated drivers is updated, plugged speakers into another device, tried different cables, tried plugging speakers into headphone jack (same thing happens) re configuring sounds settings specifically for 5.1, and checked to see if there is no quirky mic input thing I was missing that could have been picking up static. nothing so far has worked. when the audio signal stops, so does the static.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS