Question Static from speakers after new motherboard install

Baconforall

Prominent
Aug 26, 2019
So I had my old evga x99 ftw motherboard die on me. I replaced it with an msi z390m. After all was set up, I set up my logitec z906 speakers and discovered static everytime audio played. The audio that came through was also much quieter than it should have been. The static disappears a half a second after any sound source stops. I tried plugging the speakers into my phone and they played perfectly fine. I installed all missing drivers, tried the headphone jack at the front of my computer, and new cables and none of it has worked. Windows is also fully updated as well as mobo specific drivers. Is this a case of a faulty mobo, or are my speakers just too much for it and I need a sound card?

D

Deleted member 14196

Did you format your hard drive before installing windows because you’re going to need to do that and install windows clean

Baconforall

Prominent
Aug 26, 2019
I should note upon closer inspection, when the audio signal stops, no static. I only get static when an audio signal is playing and I otherwise hear nothing when no audio is playing which is why I asked if this were a software issue or potentially inadequate onboard sound capabilities