Static from speakers comes and goes

juiceinmycup

Reputable
Oct 26, 2015
I built my PC about 2 weeks ago and everything worked great. Now my sound gets static and sounds are distorted periodically. I restarted my PC and it stopped but then came back. The static/distortion comes threw both my headphones and speakers. I have tried moving the speakers and unplugging them but still get static and distortion. I have an Xbox one and flat screen tv near my pc and sub woofer that came with the speakers. I think it has something to do with interference but i cant find where. My build is as follows
-MSI GTX 960
-ASUS|LED VG248QE R (Has built in speakers which i dont use and disconnected the jack wire)
-WD 1TB HD
-Gigabyte G1 Z97 Sniper motherboard
- I5 4690K Processor
- Hive 750 Watt power supply
-2 4GB gskill memory

Thanks in advance.

Solution
That certainly sounds like interference.

Speakers can pick up interference if they are too close to a screen, as well as get it from wireless signals transmitted through something like your phone. The best thing to do would be to move the speakers to a different place and ensure they aren't near a wireless device like your phone.
That certainly sounds like interference.

Speakers can pick up interference if they are too close to a screen, as well as get it from wireless signals transmitted through something like your phone. The best thing to do would be to move the speakers to a different place and ensure they aren't near a wireless device like your phone.

Solution