Question Static from Speakers when playing Games

JobsforFun

Honorable
Jul 27, 2015
Not sure if this is the correct place for this but I am at a loss for what the cause of the problem is. Whenever I play games such as Minecraft, Rising Storm, or Dirty Bomb I hear a static sound coming from my speakers. If I plug in my headphones the audio from the games plays fine with no static but the static sound still clearly sounds through the speakers themselves. I thought it might be the audio cable that was plugged into my motherboard and the subwoofer so I changed it and its still happening. Only thing I could think of now is its my speakers causing it. Seems like whenever I exit an offending game it stops completely.

Here is a video on my Drive of the sound: https://drive.google.com/file/d/10DAkvLAvPmlgKq4L-O2peRphJ4KhvxeB/view?usp=sharing

Lutfij

Titan
Make and model of your speakers as well as your sound card? If you're powering off the onboard soundcard(on the motherboard) then make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for the board and that you've tried uninstalling and reinstalling your audio drivers. What OS are you on? If Windows 10, which version? Some people have had fortune by using ferrite chokes at the ends of the audio connectors to rid static off the audio cables.