Question Static Horizontal Line while fullscreen gaming?

Aug 19, 2019
So I built my first PC 2 nights ago and things were alright but I noticed that a horizontal line would appear near the top of my monitor whenever I ran my games link #1 and link #2. They would appear at stock settings, but the links I posted were when they were overclocked to advertized ram speed.
What I did next was turn off my monitor, computer, and unplugged the HDMI 2.0 cable, and replugged the ends a different way (the end that was originally on the monitor was plugged to the computer hdmi port and vice versa.) Booting up the game from link #1 now shows artifacts that show up randomly, concentrated near the top-left area of the monitor. I restarted my PC after closing the game and booted BIOS to disable XMP and return to stock computer settings, before they were overclocked. Returning to the first game and making sure that the BIOS settings were back to stock, the first game still showed the same artifacts appearing. I took a screenshot since they lasted on a screen for enough time, posted it in paint and the artifacts didn't appear.
At this point, I'm testing to see if the Artifacts appear, but when I tried to boot the first game, in succession the game crashes. In one instance of crashing, the audio loads but the screen is black before the client closes.
One final thing of note is that I noticed this smudge on my Graphics Card that I believe wasn't there before, kinda an oily diagonal line and also above it. Full Pic and Zoomed

8/18/19 Update: In the morning, the Magic Arena game ran fine and the framerate was stable. Near the evening, reopening the game, the game is now slightly choppy and I'm getting the same static horizontal line, same place. All of this occurs with stock bios settings.

I'm getting disheartened since this is my first ever PC build and I don't know what's going on. Any ideas?
Specs: CPU: Ryzen 3700x
GPU: SAPPHIRE PULSE RX 5700XT 8G GDDR6
Motherboard: X570 Aorus Elite Wi-Fi
Ram: G.Skill Flare X Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS