Question static noise coming from all headphones

Lewis_4

Honorable
Nov 26, 2015
Hi, so ill post the specs of my computer below, but basically every time i play like a headphone test where it tests the left and right drivers by playing a sound i hear like a static sound, updated the drivers, same thing, different headphones, same thing, i also have a sound blaster z from like 2012, same sound, someone told me could be noise from components inside pc ,so i got a small DAC, the apple 3.5 mm to USB-C, but to no avail it still makes that noise, im thinking its the power supply, but just looking for recommendations, looks like down the rabbit hole i go

PC specs:

X570 aorus elite
AMD Ryzen 7 3700x
nvidia RTX 2060 super
sound blaster z
also have a large heat sync called the Noctua NH-D15

so don't know what the name of the power supply is because the case shields it, but i think i upgraded it probably 2018, but kept the power supply, so the power supply is probably from 2015

Lutfij

Titan
i also have a sound blaster z from like 2012
Creative are notorious for having literally no support for their gear after a certain point. This is a tactic to force users in buying newer hardware from Creative's lineup in order to get the latest support for the new OS.

As for your motherboard, what BIOS version are you working with? You forgot to mention the make and model of your PSU. Right now if the unit is from 2015, that's 7 years to date(assuming it was bought on this day) and in that period a lot has changed in terms power draw from components.

so don't know what the name of the power supply is because the case shields it
This is where you take the side panels off and remove the PSU to see what it's make and model is.