static ringing noise from headphones (hardware problem)

Apr 11, 2018
basically i've been having a problem with my sound card/headphones lately. ill leave the computer running and come back to sound in only 1 headphone. so this time i uninstalled the sound devices and reinstalled the drivers. the sound missing in the right ear has been restored, but the dolby option on the asus xonar audio center is missing which means it sounds like hollow ass.

as i was typing this up, the dolby option suddenly came back after i switched the analog from something else back to headphone, but as soon as i switched back i now have the same problem i had when about a week ago when i had to format the pc, there is a static/ringing noise coming from the right headphone!!! i'd like to note that this has only started happening ever since i installed a bluetooth dongle/wireless xbox controller set up.

i know for a fact this is not an issue with the headphones (sennheiser game zero) since last time i formated the pc the sound was working as normal and the ringing/static dissappeared. i'd describe the noise as a very high pitched ring with some random static noises in the background (though the volume of it is low) i'd also like to note that the sound in that right headphone is no longer working.

running on windows 10 and using asus xonar dgx soundcard

edit: previously tested the headphones on my laptop with no issues

Solution
Heyo mrbankers

To me it sounds like a loose connections somewhere. Since the headset works just fine on another laptop, then problem is located at your desktop. Are you using the front or back AUX ports for the headset?
First of all try and clean your audio jacks. There have to be connections on all 3/4 rings and maybe your desktop has some irt on its inner connections. Cleanse the headsets audio jacks with some isopropyl alcohol at like 70% or higher. Just plug the jack in and out sometimes and notice if any dirt/dust comes out with it. if this isn't the case, there's probably a connection problem at the mobo.

Cheers

True Buie

Honorable
Aug 29, 2016
Heyo mrbankers

To me it sounds like a loose connections somewhere. Since the headset works just fine on another laptop, then problem is located at your desktop. Are you using the front or back AUX ports for the headset?
First of all try and clean your audio jacks. There have to be connections on all 3/4 rings and maybe your desktop has some irt on its inner connections. Cleanse the headsets audio jacks with some isopropyl alcohol at like 70% or higher. Just plug the jack in and out sometimes and notice if any dirt/dust comes out with it. if this isn't the case, there's probably a connection problem at the mobo.

Cheers

Solution

TRENDING THREADS