[SOLVED] Static through PC speakers every time data is being transferred

Mr3dPHD

Prominent
Jan 6, 2020
I've had these speakers setup for a couple of weeks now and haven't had any issues. All of a sudden, today, I noticed a bit of static noise coming from them. I installed an update for my printer, and the moment the download began, the static went crazy. What would cause static interference to pick up on the speakers like that? More importantly, how do I get it to stop?

Thanks!

Solution
Well either a cable shifted around and somehow is close to a speaker wire or there’s something wrong with your board. I had issues with a sound card that didn’t have good shielding on it and it did the same thing your pc is doing. You could either get a usb sound card or a sound blaster card

86zx

Upstanding
Nov 1, 2019
Well either a cable shifted around and somehow is close to a speaker wire or there’s something wrong with your board. I had issues with a sound card that didn’t have good shielding on it and it did the same thing your pc is doing. You could either get a usb sound card or a sound blaster card

Solution

Mr3dPHD

Prominent
Jan 6, 2020
It seems strange though...this is the onboard sound for my brand new MSI 570x Carbon Wifi motherboard. I would imagine it must be at least halfway decent right?

86zx

Upstanding
Nov 1, 2019
There’s always a chance for manufacturing defects I have a msi b450 itx board and the sound was ok to me but I’m a bit of a audio geek so I upgraded to a fiio k3 and am quite happy with it the sound has more depth and it amps it up quite a bit but honestly even a lower end sound blaster usb or card is gonna be an improvement

TRENDING THREADS