Steady Ping but changeable

Sep 25, 2018
I am living in remote area and my issue works only in this place because I tried it on my hometown and I didn't have any issues

The problem is when I play some overwatch games the ping become 130 ms and steady never change from the first until the end
But, when I enter another game the ping become 230 ms also, steady.

The problem I am having is that 50% stable 130 ms
50% stable 230 ms

I want it to be
100% 130 ms

I hope that my massage is understandable because English is not my main language.

Solution

SIM as in cell phone internet?

When you do the speedtest make sure it's testing to the same server...
It depends on how far the server is from you.

You can do a traceroute and try and lookup the final ip's geolocation if it's available.
This will also show you ping at each hop.

Not all games have servers spread out across the world so you may be connecting to a region very far away.

Sep 25, 2018

I chose the nearest server to me.

The problem is not like this.

What I am trying to say: the ping is fix all the game no matter how long it is no matter how far the router or what kind of router. The problem on the SIM.

I wish you could understand my poor English

Sep 25, 2018

You still did not understand my issue

when I test my internet on speedtest the ping is fixed on 130 ms when I retest the ping become fixed on 230 ms

I want you to notice that I am having a (fixed) ping. The problem is not because I am using wireless connection ( I have ethernet btw) or the tower is too far. The problem is with my SIM. Because I used other SIM and worked well.

SIM as in cell phone internet?

When you do the speedtest make sure it's testing to the same server. The server you are matched with is normally displayed.

Figure out the ip address of your ISP's hops to their main office. see if the ms is high. each network equipment on their side may have an ip.

Solution