Stealth Computer Introduces an Ivy Bridge Mini-PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
Can it run Crysis 3? I'm guessing not. On-board graphics?

I think I'd rather build a bigger PC, with PCI/PCI-E cards installed, rather than having a bunch of USB devices hang from it.

Truckinupga

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2012
This would make one heck of an htpc, Except for one huge drawback. Who in their right mind would spend that much cash on a lower powered system like this when you could build your own powerhouse with a huge variety of great small cases and fantastic hardware that's on the market now.

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
with on-board Intel HD 3000 graphics
Well, it's not on-board anymore (it's on-die/chip), so i guess we'll have to stop using the phrase.

"Integrated" still makes sense, though.

And i must say, pretty big step down from an i7 to a Celeron!

Non-Euclidean

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2009
TG for the DVI and VGA connections, I dont know what I would do without that functionality.

2002 and 1987 called and they want their video standards back.

Non-Euclidean

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2009
[citation][nom]Truckinupga[/nom]This would make one heck of an htpc, Except for one huge drawback. Who in their right mind would spend that much cash on a lower powered system like this when you could build your own powerhouse with a huge variety of great small cases and fantastic hardware that's on the market now.[/citation]

Only if are interested in watching movies on yesterday's monitors. What clown wants an HTPC for vga/dvi?

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
No doubt it takes some careful engineering to keep an i7 cool in that package, but for $1800 i could buy two shuttle XPC units with i5 CPUs and HD3000 graphics, PLUS a pair of really nice monitors.

Au_equus

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2011
a 3.3 GHz Intel Core i7-3610QE processor paired with an integrated Intel HD 4000 graphics card.
I didn't know Intel HD 4000 was a dedicated GPU...
FYI Tarun, like ojas pointed out, its an IGP.
Starting price is $1820? So stealth-PC is selling a $250 celeron-4gb ram-500gb hdd-IGP HTPC for $1820? I understand you gotta make a profit, but this sounds more like a bad april fools joke.

ScoobX

Honorable
Dec 14, 2012
Consider that this story was posted on april fools day... lol. :D

On their website they sell "LITTLE PC's" that are waterproof! Some with "SLOTS".

monkeymonk

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009
i thought this was a cool combo slim dvd drive and i/o panel which is something i would be interested in then i remembered what i clicked on. also why call HD 4000 a graphics "card" kinda misleading don't ya think?

ikaz

Distinguished
This is for industral use, I would to work for company that sold retail computer equipment and most sytem would cost 3-4x as much as a "personal" version. You have to consider the fact that size is very import in business so if a store has a Kisok or even register system etc, the smaller foot print can save them money in the long run. The fact this can easlly be hidden as well works for a business so they can keep a certain apperance to there customers.

NO. NO. NO.

This is NOT for industrial use. (Headphone jack, 4xUSB3 and microphone). Industrial PC's don't usually have many outputs (often no graphics either).

This product makes NO SENSE and is marketed to people with more cash than brains.

If you really want a small, quiet PC get a Mac Mini and add Windows or Linux instead or as dual-boot if OSX isn't your thing.

Freddy Duran

Honorable
Apr 1, 2013
Sounds overpriced and pointless, when you could get a much more functional tablet for a whole lot less, they also should have used an APU to make it a lot more functional

ikaz

Distinguished
Well it actually does make sense in retail Kisok I have personally installed many type of system with many inputs that you think are not or won't be used. Industry is way different from the personal computer world and as crazy as you might think or even come up with "better" solutions the fact will still remain that businesses and system resellers/vendor will probably use these type of boxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts