[SOLVED] Steam 0 bytes/s glitch

a-guy

Prominent
Aug 17, 2019
So i had this problem for about half a year and tried (i think) every fix for steam download speed going to 0 bytes per sec but nothing helped it doesnt matter if i restart the wifi, restart the laptop, reinstall steam, change download location, disable firewall or any other antivirus, put my laptop to factory settings, get closer to the wifi or get the ethernet cable (ethernet cable doesnt work on my laptop for some reason). The problem is that the download speed stays at 0 bytes per sec and goes up for a few seconds and then down back to 0 at random times so it takes alot of time to download games, for example im downloading a 10GB game right now so far i downloaded 8.5GB in the past 4 hours when my normal download speed is 5-6Mb per sec. I hope someone knows how to fix this because its annoying to wait 10 hours to download rainbow six siege or gta 5.

Solution
If everything externally is fine (Wifi/Internet connection) Perhaps the Wireless part of your laptop is faulty. You can buy an ethernet port for your laptop which may help. Here are a couple generic listings:
USB 2.0 to RJ45 (Ethernet) Adapter
USB 3.0 to RJ45 (Ethernet) Adapter
USB C to RJ45 (Ethernet) Adapter
That being said, I've had (and I'm sure just about everyone else here as well who uses Steam) the same issue with my Steam connections as well every so often. It very well may be on their (Steams) end.

Do you have a desktop that has the same issues at the same time?

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED
If everything externally is fine (Wifi/Internet connection) Perhaps the Wireless part of your laptop is faulty. You can buy an ethernet port for your laptop which may help. Here are a couple generic listings:
That being said, I've had (and I'm sure just about everyone else here as well who uses Steam) the same issue with my Steam connections as well every so often. It very well may be on their (Steams) end.

Solution

a-guy

Prominent
Aug 17, 2019

I have never had a desktop in my life i only had 3 laptops the 2 died and the last one im using right now its Inspiron 15 Gaming 7567 ( bought from : https://www.czc.cz/dell-inspiron-15-gaming-7567-cerna_4/205170/produkt )

a-guy

Prominent
Aug 17, 2019

But i did have the exact same problem on the other laptop that died.