Steam Account Hijacked?

Psyblade

Reputable
Jan 4, 2015
I can’t log in using my usual username and password. When I go to try and recover my account I can’t do anything. If I plug in my username, it wants to send information to an email address I have never seen. If I plug in my player name, it wants to send info to a phone number I have never heard of. If I plug in my email address, it says there are no matches (Steam's last email to my address was in May when it looked like someone was trying to log into my account in another country). When I plug in my phone number, it says there is no record of that number.

So I can’t log in to post on the Steam discussion board and I can’t change my log in information or password. I can't call them. What am I supposed to do? And of course Steam's support web site is absolutely useless in resolving this kind of problem. Do I just have to create a new account?

Psyblade

Reputable
Jan 4, 2015
And that selection for not being able to log in has 4 options. The last two are not relevant. The first two just ask you to try and change the password, asking you to plug in Username, email address etc. I explained in the original post that when I do that I either get a response that they have no record of the data, or a response that they will send a code to a phone number or email address that don't belong to me. So, in my case, I just can't contact them. I am thinking that I should just uninstall everything, reinstall it, and then create a new account. Crreating a new account seems to be my only option since I can't contact Steam.

Psyblade

Reputable
Jan 4, 2015
This finally worked for me.

At htps://help.steampowered.com/en/Steam, click on Help, I can’t sign in.
Click on My Steam Account was stolen and I need help recovering it.
At the bottom, click on Change my password.
Enter the various options. If it works great. If you get a response for and email address or phone number that is not yours, select the option that you no longer have that email address or phone number.
I believe at this point you will get a page that asks for other information by which you can prove you have an account, your CD key or the visa card you used to purchase it game, etc. From here, you should get a response from tech support to you current email address that will allow you to change your password and access your account.