Steam and Games

basti511

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2010
Sup Dudes. I need some help, I got the Mafia 2 DEMO from a magazine on a disc and I installed it. After the installation it does a 1,048 MB update, as if I am downloading the demo again. But iI have installed it already and now i'ts doing this huge update??? WHY??? It does it with all the demos I get on discs that work with steam. Pease someone help me.

namelessonez

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
Often there are games which have updates. These updates can either be applied manually of automatically (which is usually the case when using Steam).

There's nothing wrong with what's happening with your game. :) It's perfectly normal. I';d recommend you let the update happen.

alienzander76

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2010
I've found that Steam is a very smart app/service. I just let it do what it needs to do and all is good. It auto-patches your games and auto-downloads any free DLCs that are available and installs them. I also really like that you can set your save games to exist in the cloud on their systems. So whichever PC i'm playing on has my current saves. I'm very pleased with their service overall. Plus they have great deals on games to download. I haven't purchased a physical hard copy of a game in about a year.