[SOLVED] steam client download speeds

How can i get the best performance during a steam download , if you look at this guide it shows a tab with the words no limit on a pull down tab , my layout is not like the one shown.

Under download restrictions section i have all the boxes unticked but their is no "no limit" tab , mine shows a box to tick to limit bandwidth and a box to input the figures of your own choice , the words no limit are under the limit tick box but it is solid print and not on a pull down tab.

How to Increase Download Speeds on Steam (groovypost.com)

Solution
The problem i have is this , the speed tester ( others give same results ) shows 17mb/per sec but when i download something from steam , epic or anything else all the download graphs show as low as 2mb per sec.
The problem here, is that there is no problem.

Your ISP and speedtest.net report in megabits/sec
Steam reports in megaBytes/sec.

8:1 ratio.

2 * 8 = 16 == close enough to 17.

There is nothing to "fix".
My isp exchange is very old ( its 1 mile away from my home ) and can only give me 17mb/per sec download speed , and their is no point in changing isp because my new isp's feeds would go through the same very old exchange.
I check it using this Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test .

The problem i have is this , the speed tester ( others give same results ) shows 17mb/per sec but when i download something from steam , epic or anything else all the download graphs show as low as 2mb per sec.

One thing i did notice when looking at my steam clients download page is that the layout has changed but i dont know when it happened , you used to be about to choose your speed on a set of pull down tabs.

USAFRet

Titan
The problem here, is that there is no problem.

Your ISP and speedtest.net report in megabits/sec
Steam reports in megaBytes/sec.

8:1 ratio.

2 * 8 = 16 == close enough to 17.

There is nothing to "fix".

Solution