Question Steam crashing when downloading games

Apr 28, 2023
Howdy Y'all.

When downloading StarWars Jedi Survivor, my steam is consistently crashing. I cannot get my steam to load fully before it crashes so I have to perm delete 120gb of the game before I can even open steam. Sofar, I have updated all of my drivers, I have cleared my netsh, I have cleared my download cache, I have restarted my pc, and nothing is seeming to work. I cannot download the game without my steam completely freezing when it gets to 99% I have also deleted app manifests in steam/common/downloading. I dont know what to do next, can someone help, please?

Do you have the latest STEAM client version ? Steam crash when installing games can also be due to an outdated Steam client. Disable any firewall in Windows for the time being.

But this sounds to me more like an issue with the internet connection. Are you using WIFI or a Wired network connection ?

Just don't use any VPN while downloading games on this client, assuming you are using one. If not then, some other thing might be culprit here. You can also try fully re-installing and updating the STEAM client from scratch.

Do other apps/clients/software work properly on your system ? Do you have crash dump files in the Steam folder under \dumps ?

Apr 28, 2023
Do you have the latest STEAM client version ? Steam crash when installing games can also be due to an outdated Steam client. Disable any firewall in Windows for the time being.

But this sounds to me more like an issue with the internet connection. Are you using WIFI or a Wired network connection ?

Just don't use any VPN while downloading games on this client, assuming you are using one. If not then, some other thing might be culprit here. You can also try fully re-installing and updating the STEAM client from scratch.

Do other apps/clients/software work properly on your system ? Do you have crash dump files in the Steam folder under \dumps ?
I dont use any vpn it is hardwired and my steam physically freezes when downloading the game and closes. Now, steam did install an update twice the other night, I think that may have broken it. I will try reupdating steam when I get home.