Review Steam Deck Review: Valve's Handheld Has Big PC Energy

excalibur1814

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
Not sure why installing Windows is a negative. If you want ALL of your games to work (mostly)... windows.

OneXPlayer and more work perfectly fine with Windows. Dual boot for the win.

Not sure why installing Windows is a negative. If you want ALL of your games to work (mostly)... windows.

OneXPlayer and more work perfectly fine with Windows. Dual boot for the win.
I am not sure that all games will work with even windows. Unless windows starts supporting some of the specifics of the steam deck's hardware there may be some issues. Windows is also less performant on the steam deck than on its shipped OS.

I believe that you can do the same with almost all games out there
The idea here is that proton the compatibility layer for windows is not compatible with everything while running real windows would be.
But yeah I would agree with you, it's not worth the trouble just run all of the things that are compatible it's a huge percentage, you can run the few things that aren't compatible on your main PC.

Reactions: Bamda

Bamda

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2017
The idea here is that proton the compatibility layer for windows is not compatible with everything while running real windows would be.
But yeah I would agree with you, it's not worth the trouble just run all of the things that are compatible it's a huge percentage, you can run the few things that aren't compatible on your main PC.
On top of all that, you can also use tools like Steam Link to stream games to the Deck for games that don't play well on the Deck.