Steam Doesn't Download or Update Games

Maxzloch

Reputable
Dec 24, 2015
Every time that I attempt to download or update a game, I am told that "content servers are unreachable". I am using an Ethernet cable. When I go to view my profile or look at the Steam store while in the Steam client, it says that I have to sign in, despite signing in upon the client launching. I have tried changing my region, updating DNS, logging in and out, restarting Steam, restarting my computer, and clearing the download cache, and none have worked. Please help. Origin and Battle.net work fine. This same problem happened to me before, and I fixed it by unchecking my proxy settings from automatic. I tried following the steps listed here: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7418-YUBN-8129 but this simply causes Steam to say that it "needs to be onine to update".

Specs: Desktop. Windows 10 Home, intel i5 processor, 16 gigs ram, nvidia gtx 1060 3gb. Installed the last windows update a day ago.

If anyone has any potential solutions or advice, I'd be grateful to hear them! Thanks in advance.