Steam downloads cap at 1.8MB/s

BluGekko

Reputable
Jun 16, 2015
Hi, i bought a Netgear AC1200 Wifi Adapter for my desktop since the modem is in my brother's room. On speedtest.net, i get a download speed of around 80mbps and upload of around 12mbps. Howver, im trying to download gta V and it is downloading at a constant 1.3 MB/s when it should be around 10MB/s (1MB=8mb). Please Help!!!!!

Gazoose

Commendable
Jun 2, 2016
first , go to your settings by clicking steam on the top left corner , then chose settings.After that click "Downloads" section

make sure that you don't have any Download restrictions , if it's clear and have no restriction you can also check the Download region and make sure it's at your country or somewhere near you

*Sorry for my English , English is not my native language

BluGekko

Reputable
Jun 16, 2015

Yeah i tried that too but my location is set to my city and there arent any restrcitions

BluGekko

Reputable
Jun 16, 2015
IDK if this is the problem but my wifi in my pc is connected on the 2.4g band and not the 5g. IDK how to fix that and if it will have an impact

With steam I have found that I need to change the download location to like Switzerland to get full download speed. I don't know why but the US locations just don't work well for me, constantly start and stop and never get full speed. Might want to try a few different server locations and see if that helps.

TRENDING THREADS