Digitalgeorge

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2010
I have never played a pc video game before. I inherited a computer that has Left 4 Dead (L4D). I unknowingly removed the STEAM program so now my L4D shortcut does not work and I could not find L4D folder in the Program Files folder even though the Add/Remove program still shows that I have the L4D program somewhere. My son would like to play but I could not even start it now. Would appreciate any help I could get. Thanks! George.

isamuelson

Distinguished
Uh, one problem. Unless you know the Steam account username and password that the game is tied to, you won't be able to download the game again nor play it.

What you'll have to do is set up your own Steam account and purchase the game since the games are tied to accounts, not computers.

GunBladeType-T

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2010

You can try System restore to an earlier date to see if the program execute icon is there. Or you can download it again from Steam I think you get about 3 chances to downlaod it again in case of similar problems!

hooray4boobies

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
3 chances? My ass. Once you buy the game it's tethered to that account. Download it as many times as you want, to as many computers as you want...providing you're only logged onto one comp at a time.

Lost count of the amount of times i've given my account to mates so they could try new games that i've bought before they dish out money for their own account. Not to mention i have all games installed on 2 desktops, and a laptop...plus redownloading through all system upgrades and windows re-installs.

Wake up to yourself and don't dish out info without 'knowing' what you're saying.

SO GEORGE. Provided you have the account login and password for steam, you can just redownload steam using the link given in an above post, then subsequently let steam redownload L4D for you. Problem Solved.