[SOLVED] Steam game help

Nov 6, 2018
My dad and I want to play online games but don't have the internet speed to download both is there away I can buy the game, download it then send him the game files and he just buys the key for the game?

Solution
Just buy the game, download and install, go to Steam folder , it should be either where you putted it, easiest way to find is to go to your steam library, right click propterties on any installed game, then to Local Files tab and Browse Local files, now that should be the game where is installed, you need to copy whole game, and paste it onto usb and transfer to your dad's pc.
Let him download files atleast for 5-10 minutes, then pause it, quit steam, then paste the game where the games is starting to install (you have to find where his steam folder is) and then Verify integrity of the game.

Note: This may or may not work, but in my case it did work for CS:GO
Note2: Steam games are located into steam folder under "Steamapps"-> Common->...
Just buy the game, download and install, go to Steam folder , it should be either where you putted it, easiest way to find is to go to your steam library, right click propterties on any installed game, then to Local Files tab and Browse Local files, now that should be the game where is installed, you need to copy whole game, and paste it onto usb and transfer to your dad's pc.
Let him download files atleast for 5-10 minutes, then pause it, quit steam, then paste the game where the games is starting to install (you have to find where his steam folder is) and then Verify integrity of the game.

Note: This may or may not work, but in my case it did work for CS:GO
Note2: Steam games are located into steam folder under "Steamapps"-> Common-> and there you paste your game, note your game has to be the folder root, like Metro 2033-> inside shuold be files, you copy the "Metro 2033" folder to usb or whatever you want to use to transfer.

Solution

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Pretty much what RB stated...... Although I don't think your dad would need to download for 5-10 mins first.

If you put the relevant folder into: Steam\SteamApps\common, then have your dad attempt to download the game, it should recognize it's presence.

He won't just putting the files there while steam is completely turned off will do the trick.
What he said is useful though if the source files are from uplay or rockstar or something and you want to transfer the files to steam.

Latest posts