Steam game not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pieruler5654

Honorable
Nov 26, 2013
Hi all,
I've recently upgraded to Windows 10 via USB (using the download from the microsoft website onto USB and upgraded all my computers). All went well and smoothly, but unfortunately, when I went to start up Dota 2, my screens went black (as normal) but didnt load up the game. It seemed like it just crashes before it even loads anything. I thought that it was a bit weird, so i tried launching Garry's Mod, that did the same thing. I tried Warframe, as that opens a window before you enter the game, but that worked.

Not sure whats going on, heres my PC specs.

CPU - Intel i5 4570
GPU - GTX 780 Gigabyte
3 1080p monitors
Motherboard - Z87 Gigabyte (z87m-D3HP to be exact)

Thanks

Did you install DirectX?

What I recommend you do is backup the games using the tools within Steam then uninstall them. Backup any save games and delete any related folders for the games. Then restore the games from the backup so it will go through the install process again - you know where it will install DirectX for you with any needed extras like the visual c++ redistributables (vcredist).

There might be a shortcut to force Steam into doing this but maybe somebody else could help here.

Pieruler5654

Honorable
Nov 26, 2013

Ok, first time reading it I was tripping out wonder where to install DirectX, but I understand now, Ill start backing up anyway (probably a good thing to do anyway considering i have plently of HDD space).

Once done I'll let you know how its goes.
Also if anyone does have a shorter option where DirectX is force installed that would be nice

Thanks for the quick reply!

Status
Not open for further replies.