• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Meet Stan Dmitriev of SurrogateTV on the Pi Cast TODAY! The show is live August 11th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Professional PC modder Mike Petereyns joins Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 13th at 3:00 pm ET (8:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question Steam Games Shut Computer down - Reset BIOS to 2016 T&D

Jun 29, 2020
So this started happening without playing a game but now only happens when I am playing Steam games.

When I was using my Dell Inspiron 15 5000 gaming laptop out of nowhere the computer would crash and when turning on the BIOS setting would show up where I had to update Time and Date. I have updated all my drivers, graphics cards, ect. and now it seems like it works, but is now only triggered when I am playing a Steam game (any game).

I can play for like 3-5 min and then it shuts off, and the BIOS is back to the original settings from 2016.

My ram is fine, memory is fine, hard drive seems fine, updated all my drivers, NVIDIA Geforce GTX graphics card, replaced my CMOS battery, and I have no idea what is causing it.

Please Help!

Windows 10.19041
Inspiron 5577 Intel Core i5 7th Gen
BIOS version Dell 1.1.3 Mode UEFI
SMBIOS 3.0
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 451.48

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS