Question Steam Library after reinstalling OS

Kyle Anderson

Honorable
Sep 16, 2013
So in short i had to reinstall the OS and then reinstall all my other programs.

i have my library saved on a HDD and im unsure of the best way to get all games reinstalled
should I:
1) permanently delete the old stream library and simplly create a new one

2) make the old folder the destination folder and see if steam will recognize everything

P.s. Im not worried about saving any game progress being saved as i have really only made progress in GTA V and I've play that though more than a few time now

thanks in advanced any advice is welcome just looking for the easiest thing to do before i go screwing things up

Kyle Anderson

Honorable
Sep 16, 2013
Steam support has info on how to deal with already installed games when drives get moved around https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7418-YUBN-8129

You can decide if you want to copy them to the main drive or keep it on the second drive depending on the drive speeds and space.
upon reading this (and maybe i misspoke) I'm trying to keep the games where they are. I just want Steam to recognize them in their original spot

couldnt i change the destination folder to where they are installed in Steam and it will see the info and see the games