Steam: Newbie question

I've played other 'bands before, but there are a few parts of steam
that I don't understand.

I started an engineer and i bought a shotgun, but my shotgun slugs
never hit when I fire them. Am i doing something wrong?

Also, what are artifact books like "Journey to the Centre of the Earth"
good for? I can't read them or use them.

Jordan

aeron wrote:
I started an engineer and i bought a shotgun, but my shotgun slugs
never hit when I fire them. Am i doing something wrong?

Use buckshot as an engineer, won't miss. I'll let someone with more
experience explain the specifics.

Also, what are artifact books like "Journey to the Centre of the Earth"

good for? I can't read them or use them.

Turn books into the library for skill points!

-- Jordan

valis

In article <1112083952.968402.151300@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
"aeron" <aeno33@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I've played other 'bands before, but there are a few parts of steam
> that I don't understand.
>
> I started an engineer and i bought a shotgun, but my shotgun slugs
> never hit when I fire them. Am i doing something wrong?

Make sure that you've put some skill points into firearms (you can
distribute skill points using the 'G' key.) You also might consider
reading some of the FAQ's in the help section. Also, you can fire
buckshot which will always hit.

> Also, what are artifact books like "Journey to the Centre of the Earth"
> good for? I can't read them or use them.

Well, you might check around the buildings in town to see if anyone
might want them.
-Campbell