Steam - No Problems, not one.

Lief said 'Well you arent gonna see many posts started by people who have no
problems with it are you?'

So I thought I would change that. I had absolutely no problems installing
and validating HL2. I have finished the game and am very happy with the
whole thing, even the ending!

And then for some reason my Steam account has been deactivated.

But a quick mail to Steam has had it reactivated.

Blimey, nothing bad to report. Sorry.

Oh hang on, I have thought of something not going well, I have a right old
headache and my guts are a bit off but can't really blame Steam for that.

--
Cheers

Kev
XBL GT- bigbaldkev

lefty

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2003

Same here.
And I just finished the game on a computer that does'nt even meet minimum
spec to run the game. :)
My phone co. just uncapped my DSL speed a bit, so I plan to soon see how
single and multiplayer look on a real machine.

Lefty

"bigbaldkev" <bigbaldSPAMTRAPkev@btopenworld.com> wrote
> Lief said 'Well you arent gonna see many posts started by people who have
no
> problems with it are you?'
>
> Blimey, nothing bad to report. Sorry.

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 11:41:40 +0000 (UTC), "bigbaldkev"
<bigbaldSPAMTRAPkev@btopenworld.com> wrote:

>Lief said 'Well you arent gonna see many posts started by people who have no
>problems with it are you?'

Ditto.

I was playing the game within 10 minutes of it being released. I just
leave Steam on (broadband) and let it do it's thing. My only problem
is remembering to restart it once in awhile to get the updates.

Erik

bigbaldkev wrote:
> Lief said 'Well you arent gonna see many posts started by people who have no
> problems with it are you?'
>
> So I thought I would change that. I had absolutely no problems installing
> and validating HL2. I have finished the game and am very happy with the
> whole thing, even the ending!
>
> And then for some reason my Steam account has been deactivated.
>
> But a quick mail to Steam has had it reactivated.
>
> Blimey, nothing bad to report. Sorry.
>
> Oh hang on, I have thought of something not going well, I have a right old
> headache and my guts are a bit off but can't really blame Steam for that.

Yeah,
I've also had no problems, installing, validating and playing Steam, HL2
or CSS. Loved the whole of HL2, I'm about to play it though for about
the 10th time :). My only problem is the fact friends is quite often
down, but even that seems to have improved.

"bigbaldkev" <bigbaldSPAMTRAPkev@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
> Lief said 'Well you arent gonna see many posts started by people who have
no
> problems with it are you?'
>
> So I thought I would change that. I had absolutely no problems installing
> and validating HL2. I have finished the game and am very happy with the
> whole thing, even the ending!
>
> And then for some reason my Steam account has been deactivated.
>
> But a quick mail to Steam has had it reactivated.
>
> Blimey, nothing bad to report. Sorry.
>
> Oh hang on, I have thought of something not going well, I have a right old
> headache and my guts are a bit off but can't really blame Steam for that.
>
> --
> Cheers
>
> Kev
> XBL GT- bigbaldkev

Installed hassle-free for me and plays just great. Took a wee while to get
up and running via steam and into my first game, but was fine. Tried playing
deathmatch for the first time about 2 weeks ago, and all the game just
appeared to freeze. Apparently it's because there are no active servers
anymore because the demo version of it was temporary. I'm playing through
for second time, and finding new things that I'd missed before. Finding it a
bit easy second time around though. (Gunships were tough first time. Now
that I've got the hang of the targetting system for the rocket launcher they
are cannon fodder). Overall am delighted with my Half-Life 2 and Steam
experience. Definitely one of the best games I've ever played, and a great
step forward in FPS gaming.

bigbaldkev wrote:
> Lief said 'Well you arent gonna see many posts started by people who have no
> problems with it are you?'
>
> So I thought I would change that. I had absolutely no problems installing
> and validating HL2. I have finished the game and am very happy with the
> whole thing, even the ending!
>
> And then for some reason my Steam account has been deactivated.
>
> But a quick mail to Steam has had it reactivated.
>
> Blimey, nothing bad to report. Sorry.
>
> Oh hang on, I have thought of something not going well, I have a right old
> headache and my guts are a bit off but can't really blame Steam for that.

Yup, same here, total and utter plain sailing for me and both of my
friends who bought the game. I hardly even notice Steam is there.

> Lief said 'Well you arent gonna see many posts started by people who have
> no problems with it are you?'

No trouble here.
Fine product.

"RichGuk" <stuffSTFUSPAMMERGHEYS@pcfusion.co.uk> wrote in message
> bigbaldkev wrote:
>> Lief said 'Well you arent gonna see many posts started by people who
>> have no problems with it are you?'
>>
>> So I thought I would change that. I had absolutely no problems
>> installing and validating HL2. I have finished the game and am very
>> happy with the whole thing, even the ending!
>>
>> And then for some reason my Steam account has been deactivated.
>>
>> But a quick mail to Steam has had it reactivated.
>>
>> Blimey, nothing bad to report. Sorry.
>>
>> Oh hang on, I have thought of something not going well, I have a
>> right old headache and my guts are a bit off but can't really blame
>> Steam for that.
> Yeah,
> I've also had no problems, installing, validating and playing Steam,
> HL2 or CSS. Loved the whole of HL2, I'm about to play it though for
> about the 10th time :). My only problem is the fact friends is quite
> often down, but even that seems to have improved.

That's the only glitch I'm seeing personally. Friends doesn't work at
all. Hm.
Maybe I should try to validate that one....wonder what the code is for
it?
McG.

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 11:41:40 +0000 (UTC), "bigbaldkev"
<bigbaldSPAMTRAPkev@btopenworld.com> wrote:

>Lief said 'Well you arent gonna see many posts started by people who have no
>problems with it are you?'
>
>So I thought I would change that. I had absolutely no problems installing
>and validating HL2. I have finished the game and am very happy with the
>whole thing, even the ending!
>
>And then for some reason my Steam account has been deactivated.
>
>But a quick mail to Steam has had it reactivated.
>
>Blimey, nothing bad to report. Sorry.
>
>Oh hang on, I have thought of something not going well, I have a right old
>headache and my guts are a bit off but can't really blame Steam for that.

I have 2 steam accounts on 2 machines in my house, and nephew has it
on one of his - none of us have had any problems whatsoever.

It all "just works" and extra content has come down and also worked
fine.

Cheers

Yojimbo
aka Justin Thompson

Very proud owner of:
3 'Hapless AGHL lurker' points
4 'I corrected Daemon points'
5 AGHL 'de-cloaking' points
6 'I summed it up in a sentence' points
10 AGHL "I sure slapped those fools down points"

bigbaldkev wrote:
> Lief said 'Well you arent gonna see many posts started by people who have no
> problems with it are you?'
>
> So I thought I would change that. I had absolutely no problems installing
> and validating HL2. I have finished the game and am very happy with the
> whole thing, even the ending!
>
> And then for some reason my Steam account has been deactivated.
>
> But a quick mail to Steam has had it reactivated.
>
> Blimey, nothing bad to report. Sorry.

Same here :) Was playing HL2 without a hitch on day of release,
Pre-loaded and paid for through Steam.

--
Ben Cottrell AKA Bench

bigbaldkev wrote:
> > Blimey, nothing bad to report. Sorry.

I've stated elsewhere that I had no real probelms with Steam. I've got
the retail box of HL2 and a one-page instruction leaflet would have
been useful to explain the installation process.

I am a bit worried that if I had an "always on" internet connection,
Steam apparently overrides the "offline mode" setting and connects
anyway - with the result that you can't play singleplayer if the Steam
system goes down.

But as I'm not on an always on connection, I've not had a problem
playing HL2 through Steam.

"bigbaldkev" <bigbaldSPAMTRAPkev@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
> Lief said 'Well you arent gonna see many posts started by people who have
> no problems with it are you?'
>
> So I thought I would change that. I had absolutely no problems installing
> and validating HL2. I have finished the game and am very happy with the
> whole thing, even the ending!
>
> And then for some reason my Steam account has been deactivated.
>
> But a quick mail to Steam has had it reactivated.
>
> Blimey, nothing bad to report. Sorry.
>
> Oh hang on, I have thought of something not going well, I have a right old
> headache and my guts are a bit off but can't really blame Steam for that.

No problems whatsoever here at all, I click the half life 2 icon, it
connects to steam and starts the game. No problems installing, setting up,
unlocking, been able to play it whenever i want without a hitch.