Steam Now Offers Native Support For Sony's DualShock 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrotus

Reputable
Dec 4, 2015
And it has created a really irritating problem for me. I play Assassin's Creed Syndicate that activates a UPlay account. I use a PS4 controller connected to the computer with a power cord USB connector. I also have a Steam account for playing Obduction. Now when I play Syndicate every time I press L3 to activate eagle vision if opens some kind of on screen keyboard thing that is associated with Steam Big Picture. When I press the O button to close the keyboard it minimizes my Syndicate game to the taskbar and opens the Steam program. Even if I don't have any programs open I can plug in the PS4 controller, press L3 and it brings up the on screen keyboard thing. I haven't found a way to disable the controller in Steam and I may just have to uninstall Steam.

Jeff Fx

Reputable
Jan 2, 2015

You don't have to leave Steam running all the time, and since it sounds like you're very new to PC gaming, and don't have 99% of your games in Steam like most PC gamers, there's really no reason to have it running in the background at all.

lighteater12

Honorable
Oct 1, 2013

Maybe Abstergo is trying to keep you from the truth. (Give me the Illuminati theme.)

Scrotus

Reputable
Dec 4, 2015
[quotemsg

You don't have to leave Steam running all the time, and since it sounds like you're very new to PC gaming, and don't have 99% of your games in Steam like most PC gamers, there's really no reason to have it running in the background at all.[/quotemsg]

Hello Jeff. I have it figured out now. I was using the X in the upper right corner that you normally use to close a program but apparently that leaves the big window or something running in the background. I noticed it in task manager background processes. I used the "exit" option instead of the X and that closes everything in Steam. The controller now works normally in Syndicate. Thanks for the nudge to investigate other options. Problem appears solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.