Steam Now Supports Subscription Payments

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 217926

Might as well be able to do it through Steam. They have my credit card info anyway.

hoofhearted

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2004
freemium, subscription, "constant connection required for single player" ... all this crap can just die. These greedy ass game companies would just assume stuck an iv in us and constantly suck the blood out if they could.

echondo

Honorable
May 29, 2012

Source?

OT: The subscription based model is to allow other publishers and developers to put their MMOs on Steam and have Steam handle the payments of the monthly subscription.

Think of WoW on Steam and you pay your monthly subscription to Steam. This will expand Steam's catalog even further and gives more options to consumers. This could also rid any games of 3rd party software if you install your MMO and pay for your monthly subscription all on Steam.

This will make it easier for the consumer and expand Steam's reach even further. Remember people, the Steambox is coming out, maybe they're gearing up so you can play all types of games without the hassle of trying to run WoW without Steam and on a Linux platform.

fonzy

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2005
I forget where he said it, or maybe it was just a rumor...just type in HL3 RPG in Google, Tom's did an article on it.

I hope we hear some concrete information on it soon, it's fucking ridiculous.

Aoyagi

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2010
All glory to Steam! *hypnotoad sound*
But seriously, it's nice. Keeping my credit card number to only one place does sound like a good idea.
And some commentators here seem to have a very narrow tunnel vision. They seem to lack the ability to see other people's preferences, such as hating pay2win games and rather paying for a good service instead. No doubt some of them pay for crap services, like XCrap Live Plus, or whatever is the name of that thievery.

Im guessing this would be awsome if we had it for telephone bills, so when you want to cancel a contract, you dont ahve to go throught a painfull system, just say "im done here".
I guess this could be usefull at some point thou.

kartu

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009

Not a big deal to remove them / stop adding new non-subscription games.

PS
Price tag ^^
You can have the same, and even much more, from a well known MMORPG.
And what with a cheaper subscription.

jn77

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
This is funny, All it is, is a scheme to steal money from people that don't have it. 8$ a month here, $12 a month there (for a game).... 12 months later..... WTF is this bill from steam for $2000 this month?
Oh, I got suckered like an idiot into all these pay per month subscription games....

bildo123

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2007

You got it man, let's nail these greedy ass game companies. Or let's stop and think. Where do all these "greedy ass" game companies get their money? If the patsies are willing to buy CoD:Millionth Edition DLC promo pack by all means let the "greedy companies" freely accept the money from the gamers that willingly give it to them (for nearly the same damn game ever year).

Status
Not open for further replies.