Steam reinstalling game I already have

12kglixelli

Prominent
Aug 24, 2017
Hey,

I recently got Rainbow Six: Siege and today I found out that I have to install the game as it seems that I don't have it installed. After looking through a couple folders I located it and it seems to be in the steamapps/common folder and all of it is there. I'm very confused to why steam wants be to essentially reinstall the game even though it's there. I've looked online and haven't found a solution after many attempts. Could anyone please help me?

Thanks in Advance!

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Did you actually install it via Steam initially? I know it's in the steamapps folder...... but this isn't a pirated version etc?

Have you redirected folders? Perhaps Steam isn't aware it's there..... I'm pretty sure you can direct Steam to a title you already have installed though....

12kglixelli

Prominent
Aug 24, 2017

It's a legit copy bought through steam, it was working alright until today

And steam recognises all the games in the same folder but Siege

12kglixelli

Prominent
Aug 24, 2017

Yes i've read this, and yeah that occurs, as soon as I launch the game it starts downloading. I would reinstall it but its takes ~45GB, which would take a lot of time considering my slow internet connection

12kglixelli

Prominent
Aug 24, 2017

I did that after downloading 6gb it didnt find anything and kept going, i guess I might have to just reinstall it completely because Steam is deciding to be a dingus

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from 12kglixelli : "Steam reinstalling game I already have"