[SOLVED] Steam says my games are running but they arent actually launching how do i fix this?

Dec 6, 2019
Its probably from corrupted files because i used to turn my pc off before everything was finished closing i just want to know how to repair this because i want to get back to playing some rust

Solution
this website is horseshit thanks for trying to help tho

Well wait a minute, you said you have been shutting down your PC without closing all applications first. Incorrectly shutting down your PC can cause a whole host of problems. You are warned not to do that even with a game console. You might have corrupted either some files related to steam or actual windows file systems. I would try running both a 'chkdsk' scan and an sfc scan and see if that works. If that fails, you might have to back everything up and do a clean install of your operating system. There may be other less drastic methods that could work, I just can't think of them right now.
Dec 6, 2019
the game says its running but it wont launch i go into task manager and see that the rust client is running but not the actual game the game wont launch and i believed it was corrupted files but i tried to delete all the files and uninstall the game and it wont uninstall. I left the uninstall loading screen up for a whole night and rust still wasnt able to uninstall. dont know what the issue is and i cant find anything thats helped online

Go to task manager find rundll32.exe right click end process game will unlatch. Have your steam up and watch the magic. Why it gets stuck ? But that's my band aide.

Also for the game that gets stuck in this loop if you want to play them go into your program files and to steam common, find the game and launch from the exe in game folder

believed it was corrupted files but i tried to delete all the files and uninstall the game
But get your game files in order as well. NOT CORRUPTED.

Go to your exe Of YOUR STUCK GAME in your list of games on the left when looking at your Steam. Right click, go to property's you will get a pop up box on the top click Local Files than Verify Integrity of Game Files

So at what point are you at. Game still stuck and won't load. Have you gone into your program files to Steam, Steamapps, common and found your Rust folder, while in the folder launch game from the exe of Rust. Game should load. By the way at least when I have a game that does this and I get working the next time I can load game regular off steam.

Dec 28, 2019
I have the same problem with Day of Defeat Source on Steam. I can't even press the xStop button to reset it.
Just run Task Manager in the bottom left (windows 7) and end process for ---> hl2.exe (game stops)
Press play again and it works for me. good luck!

Different games will be different files. so just have task manager running before you run the game the first time. Take notice of what process starts up and try ending that process.

Dcopymope

Prominent
BANNED
Aug 13, 2018
this website is horseshit thanks for trying to help tho

Well wait a minute, you said you have been shutting down your PC without closing all applications first. Incorrectly shutting down your PC can cause a whole host of problems. You are warned not to do that even with a game console. You might have corrupted either some files related to steam or actual windows file systems. I would try running both a 'chkdsk' scan and an sfc scan and see if that works. If that fails, you might have to back everything up and do a clean install of your operating system. There may be other less drastic methods that could work, I just can't think of them right now.

Solution