Steam Summer Sale: Big Discounts, Steam Store Breaking Under Heavy Load

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigermyth

Reputable
May 22, 2015
You should probably mention that they have RAISED the price on some items so the discount is either nonexistent or much smaller than advertised.

GTA 5 a prime example.

Tanquen

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
You should probably mention that they have RAISED the price on some items so the discount is either nonexistent or much smaller than advertised.

GTA 5 a prime example.

No. It was just out 2 months ago (04/14/2015) on the PC for $59.99 and it's now 25% off & with a Great White Shark Cash Card. ???

bluestar2k11

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
No. It was just out 2 months ago (04/14/2015) on the PC for $59.99 and it's now 25% off & with a Great White Shark Cash Card. ???

Technically yes, the price is lower for the game and you get more.
But the point that person is aiming for, and one I told my partner about, was you still pay the same price, for extra ingame money with no real value.

You're paying the same price during a sale to get something with no added value to the game. This isn't a DLC pack, this just lets you buy nice cars a few days sooner then otherwise. That isn't value adding.

I guess for those who can't be bothered to play to earn money, it might be a steal, but for the purpose of the sale, I think it's rather flat.

If it hits 60+% off, then it might be a worth while point (tho it likely won't). But atm, it's not.

hasten

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2007

Technically yes, the price is lower for the game and you get more.
But the point that person is aiming for, and one I told my partner about, was you still pay the same price, for extra ingame money with no real value.

You're paying the same price during a sale to get something with no added value to the game. This isn't a DLC pack, this just lets you buy nice cars a few days sooner then otherwise. That isn't value adding.

I guess for those who can't be bothered to play to earn money, it might be a steal, but for the purpose of the sale, I think it's rather flat.

If it hits 60+% off, then it might be a worth while point (tho it likely won't). But atm, it's not.

Single player is worth full price. And the comment on buying nicer cars a few days sooner is questionable. Not sure the value of the shark cards but it takes a lot of time to afford a "luxury apartment" and Bugatti

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
Took me a couple heists to afford the highest end apartment. I'm still stealing the car and modifying it, like all the Muscle Cars and Pickups.
Still how do we know if its a steam sale if steam is not collapsing under the load?

Shadows of Mordor (all DLC included) is only $20USD!!

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/middle-earth-shadow-of-mordor-bundle/

That's NOT directly through Steam but is redeemable at Steam. I bought it and it is working. I also checked the Store page to see if I have all the DLC and I do.

**It's currently about $70USD with 35% sale on main game if you buy it through Steam for the EXACT same content!! (My prices are listed in Canadian so I had to convert.)

So again, $20USD through the link for the EXACT same content! (when you pay, simply got to "add game" at bottom left of Steam and paste in the code from the e-mail you get)

Sep 13, 2014
My first Steam sale I was so excited for the Daily and Flash sales. I got Metro 2033 Redux and Metro Last Light Redux for 9.99 bundle!!!!! Hell I'm probably gonna spend about 150 bucks before June 21st. Won't need any games till the Christmas sale.

Sep 13, 2014

Good looking out with the Bundle Stars info. I didn't get Shadow of Mordor, but I bought two other bundles. 19 games for 9.99. Just pure insanity.

Xivilain

Reputable
Apr 16, 2014
Shadows of Mordor (all DLC included) is only $20USD!!

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/middle-earth-shadow-of-mordor-bundle/

That's NOT directly through Steam but is redeemable at Steam. I bought it and it is working. I also checked the Store page to see if I have all the DLC and I do.

**It's currently about $70USD with 35% sale on main game if you buy it through Steam for the EXACT same content!! (My prices are listed in Canadian so I had to convert.)

So again, $20USD through the link for the EXACT same content! (when you pay, simply got to "add game" at bottom left of Steam and paste in the code from the e-mail you get)

Thank you! I just bought SoM for $19.99 with the Season Pass. A+

NBSN

Admirable

The Metro Redux Bundle is one thing I was waiting months for and finally was able to get at the sale. Well, I could have bought it months ago, but just did not want to pay the price...the sales price this time was good though, so got it.

I did get to play Metro Last Light on the console by renting from Redbox when it came out, but never got to play 2033, so it will be nice to go from one to the other whenever I get around to playing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.