[SOLVED] Steam using 0% disk on downloads

Lasterrett

Reputable
Jul 12, 2017
Hey, guys I just recently went from Intel to AMD and I've encountered one problem so far. My steam read and redownloaded all my games from my SSD's since I transferred them to the new build. But I'm having one major issue, steam is using 0% disk usage when downloading new games. My download speed is also capped at 2.7 mb/s. I have a 25 mb/s plan. When downloading a game on steam a speed test will read 1-2 mb/s on test. When I pause the download I re-run the speed test and my speeds jump to 23 mb/s. I'm mentioning this because I think it somehow correlates and it's also another issue I need to fix. I have checked my download tab in steam and there is no cap on download speeds. I've cleared the download cache as well. If anyone knows a fix to this issue that'd be amazing. If you need more details I'll try to respond as quickly as I can. But in closing my issue is that my download speed is capped and my disk usage is 0% in downloads on Steam.

USAFRet

Titan
Where are you reading this "2.7mbps" download speed? In Steam?

Steam reports in megaBytes/sec.
Speedtest.net and your ISP report in megabits/sec.

8:1 ratio.

2.7 * 8 = 21.6....just shy of your 25mbps plan from the ISP, and well within margin of error.

Lasterrett

Reputable
Jul 12, 2017
Where are you reading this "2.7mbps" download speed? In Steam?

Steam reports in megaBytes/sec.
Speedtest.net and your ISP report in megabits/sec.

8:1 ratio.

2.7 * 8 = 21.6....just shy of your 25mbps plan from the ISP, and well within margin of error.
Before I switched components my steam always reported equivalent numbers to what speed test reported. Your bytes and bites statement may be true but it wasn’t true for me a week ago. My isp and steam were both reporting in bits. And still doesn’t make sense why my disk is reading 0%

USAFRet

Titan
Before I switched components my steam always reported equivalent numbers to what speed test reported. Your bytes and bites statement may be true but it wasn’t true for me a week ago. My isp and steam were both reporting in bits. And still doesn’t make sense why my disk is reading 0%
I have never ever seen Steam show megabits/sec.
Big B vs small b....

Screencap would help.

Lasterrett

Reputable
Jul 12, 2017
Big B vs small b....

Screencap would help.
Big B vs small b....

Screencap would help.
unknown.png

TRENDING THREADS