Question steam won't launch

Feb 28, 2019
It's a two months problem, steam can't launch it shows steam updating, but he can't run after one or two hours straight and only launch with VPN or mobile internet, so I try uninstall many times but no luck and steam discussion tell me some program can block steam to running properly but I can't find anything who is blocking steam and i watch so many YT videos to solve, still no luck and I can't play any games in their So can someone help me to get rid of this problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
May 25, 2019
its possible steam already dropped win 7 support. I cant verify as I dropped steam long ago when I was using ME and they dropped 9x support but it sounds like this may be the case.

iMatty

Honorable
Mar 14, 2019
Valve announced that starting January 1, 2019 the Steam client will no longer work on PCs running the Windows XP or Windows Vista operating systems, giving Steam users have no other choice but to update to a more recent version of Windows. Most already have: According to Valve's latest Steam Hardware Survey, less than 1% of the user base is still on Windows XP, and Windows Vista didn’t even appear in the results.

Plus a quick google search would give you a lot of troubleshooting methods to be honest, here's a link and try few of them:
https://techloris.com/steam-wont-open/