Question Steam window only keeps opening on primary monitor

elijah_

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2012
Hi,
I've got a two monitor setup and every single program I use regularly opens on the monitor and location I closed it at - only Steam (usually on second screen, not maximised) keeps opening maximised on the primary monitor since a few weeks ago (curiously the Steam friends window remembers its last location).

What steps can I try to correct this? I've maximised and resized and closed the window already and when I close it or exit the application and open it again it will get it right, but after the next reboot it will always go back to opening maximised on the primary monitor.

elijah_

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2012
If you have not already done so, drag the Steam window over to the desired monitor.

Then look for some "Save", "Ok", or similar prompt to click and retain the monitor change.

For example:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...settings/2d5e1e41-ec57-437b-9611-7d60eecfaffb

I've done that and I'm doing that every single time I boot up. Like, I think the usual way of achieving this is resizing the window, moving it to the desired location and the closing it and opening it again, which I've done. I just don't understand, every single other application I use opens where I left it, even the Steam Friends window which is the same app - just the main window doesn't anymore for a few weeks now.