Steam Winter Sale, Steam Awards Voting Arrive December 22

Status
Not open for further replies.

John_561

Commendable
Dec 7, 2016
I game lots, but most of the stuff on this I don't play. So I guess I vote irrelevantly? OH I get it! I don't vote. Who cares. <3

John_561

Commendable
Dec 7, 2016

Not that I've seen. Hard to get leaks on steam sales.

John_561

Commendable
Dec 7, 2016

Was that a spinoff of the old Atari Battlezone arcade machine from the 80's?

That's what happens when you use incentives to encourage users to nominate things. Most who took part in it did it just to earn XP to level up their profile, and didn't actually care all that much about what they were nominating. So you get a bunch of popular games that in some cases only have tenuous ties the category.

Age of Empires II fits the category fairly well, since the original version came out in 1999, and while TF2 was from less than a decade ago, it's remained quite popular, so it's arguably a reasonable addition as well. The others are a bit of a stretch though, with all of them being only around 5 years old. I guess they could be considered games that you can play for a long time and still come back to, but do they really stand "the test of time"? Within a couple years, most Civ 5 players will have moved on to Civ 6, and most Skyrim players will have moved on to the next big Elder Scrolls game. Terraria might not be all that popular either once the updates end and a suitable successor comes along. I suppose few games from the 90's and early 2000's remain both replayable and popular enough to make such a list though, which ultimately comes down to being a popularity contest.

problematiq

Reputable
Dec 8, 2015

Starbound > Terraria

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
Pfff, not a single game I nominated won. Honestly annoyed only about two categories: "Just Five More Minutes" (really, CS:GO winning that over Civilization, which straight up has that line used in the game, besides being the trope setter?!) and "I'm Not Crying" (this zombie stuff over Life is Strange? Suuuuure)

cruisniq

Commendable
Jan 1, 2017
What kind of a farce is "Test of time" being skyrim? I love skyrim as much as the next guy but the whole point is an old game that's still playable to this day, say I dunno.. like.. age of empires?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS