Steam won't download to one of my hard drives

Brehmly

Commendable
Jun 18, 2016
On one of my hard drives, all steam downloads to it end in a disk write error while on the other two drives, the downloads finish fine. I have tried downloading a game from GOG Galaxy onto the hard drive that steam won't download to and it worked just fine. Along with this, Windows, Defraggler, and Crystal Disk info all say that the drive is healthy. Does anyone know what would be causing this?

Solution
Hey there, Brehmly.

This sounds like something that might be caused by steam itself. I'd normally recommend that you try it out with a different SATA port and cables, but since you have no issues with other gaming platforms and it doesn't show any errors, I guess there's little chance for anything else to be at fault here besides the Steam installation. I thought that Steam's library is supposed to be on one drive alone, maybe that's what's causing the problem.

I'd recommend that you get in touch with Steam's customer support and see if the guys there have a solution. Please let me know what you find out.

Hope that helps.
Boogieman_WD
Hey there, Brehmly.

This sounds like something that might be caused by steam itself. I'd normally recommend that you try it out with a different SATA port and cables, but since you have no issues with other gaming platforms and it doesn't show any errors, I guess there's little chance for anything else to be at fault here besides the Steam installation. I thought that Steam's library is supposed to be on one drive alone, maybe that's what's causing the problem.

I'd recommend that you get in touch with Steam's customer support and see if the guys there have a solution. Please let me know what you find out.

Hope that helps.
Boogieman_WD

Solution

TRENDING THREADS