Question Steamroller around my case

CapybaraBoomBoom

Prominent
Aug 4, 2020
Bonjour, from France,

For the next few months I am enjoying the benefits of construction work going on around my house all day.
The vibrations are constantly felt inside the house, sometimes stronger when the steamroller pilot drank too much coffee. Most of the time it's not crazy vibrations, more like low frequency, but constant throughout the day.

Do you guys think that over time this will damage anything in my unit ? Let's not consider HDD, I can leave these off during the day for now. But how about all the rest, welds, graphic card, components, screws, microscopic electronic...

I'm considering getting some kind of dampening pads to at least reduce the vibrations a bit, do you guys know of anything in particular that would work ?
Thanks a lot.

Ralston18

Titan
Regarding:

"But how about all the rest, welds, graphic card, components, screws, microscopic electronic... "

I would hope not. If that starts happening then then entire structure of your house is likely at risk.

My greater concern would be damage that results in power losses, water/sewer leaks, foundation cracks etc., Plus the general dust, odors, and fumes about.

No harm in placing a couple of mouse pads under the computer (desktop - correct?).

Dust covers for any devices with openings where grit and debris would become a problem.

Plus ensuring that you do regular backups. Back up all data at least 2 x to other locations other than the current host devices. Verify that the backups are recoverable and readable. Take a set of copies off-site as well.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

CapybaraBoomBoom

Prominent
Aug 4, 2020

Hi Ralston,
Thank you very much for taking the time, I appreciate.
Yes the only thing affecting the house is the vibrations.

Thank you for your your mouse pad & backup suggestions / recommendations. Will definitely try it.
I was looking at some thick natural rubber pads as well, as rubber seems to be one of the most vibration absorbing materials I found so far.

Thanks again !