May 11, 2020
Hello,

Recently my Steel series mouse has been acting up. I'll be using it for a while and all of a sudden the cursor will stop moving altogether, and the only temporary fix is to unplug the usb and reconnect so I can do it again when it stops working a few minutes later. What's odd is that the mouse led lights still stay on when the cursor freezes up, so I know the mouse is still connected to my PC. What gives? Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

Solution
Hello,

Recently my Steel series mouse has been acting up. I'll be using it for a while and all of a sudden the cursor will stop moving altogether, and the only temporary fix is to unplug the usb and reconnect so I can do it again when it stops working a few minutes later. What's odd is that the mouse led lights still stay on when the cursor freezes up, so I know the mouse is still connected to my PC. What gives? Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

Hi!

I have a SteelSeries Rival 650 and my mouse also has the same issues. If I move the cursor across the screen it will just stop, like it hit the end of the screen. It happens in game and is super annoying. Turning it off and on fixes it for a bit but it comes back.

This is my...

lopez.mr.22

Commendable
May 1, 2018
Hello,

Thanks!

Hi!

I have a SteelSeries Rival 650 and my mouse also has the same issues. If I move the cursor across the screen it will just stop, like it hit the end of the screen. It happens in game and is super annoying. Turning it off and on fixes it for a bit but it comes back.

This is my second Rival 650. I have no idea what to do. I've uninstalled the drivers, did a clean install of my GPU drivers, nothing helps. Probably going to do a clean install of Windows next.

Solution
Mar 24, 2021
I got the same issue for two weeks on one of my two sensei mousse from SteelSeries. Its a 4 years old mousse so I thought that was maybe normal ... then my second sensei started to have the same issue a week ago and this one is only a few 2 years old.
So I brought the old one to my office and tried it. The issue persited. I'm really confused ... iv read from a very old post that it might be a mechanical issue... coming from the connection between the cable and the mousse ... ill check that later :p

TRENDING THREADS