haitang

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I have a steeling wheel with 15 pins connector, but my MB didnot have a game port, is there a adaptor allow me to convert to USB, or any other way I can use my steeling wheel? Thanks.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
What motherboard? A lot of boards have an internal header for a gameport bracket, I could send you one if you have the right board.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Well, good news, at least you have the MCP-T southbridge (with nForce Audio Processing Unit). Now the bad news, there's no header for connecting a breakout cable.

OK, first thing I'd like to say is that Gameport to USB adaptors that come packaged with certain other controllers won't work, because those controllers were designed for compatability with that special adapter, not yours.

So that leaves some REAL HARDWARE adapters. I've actually SEEN gameport adapters. I believe those I saw had gameport/serial/parallel ports. Those combination devices are kind of pricey, but let you put several ports on one USB connection.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
just get a sound card that has a game port. it will most likely be cheaper than buying a game port - usb adaptor.

wpdclan.com counter-strike game server - 66.150.155.52:27015
now featuring valve security module!

haitang

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
The MB already come with sound build-in, I don't want to add another card later mess it up.
So far I don't see a game port - usb adaptor like that of cable.

ChipDeath

Splendid
May 16, 2002
You could install a cheap soundcard, Windows generally doesn't have a problem with having more than one sound system installed. Just make sure the Nforce2 audio is Windows' preferred sound device, and only use the gameport on the soundcard.

---
Epox 8RDA+ V1.1 w/ Custom NB HS
XP1700+ @200x10 (~2Ghz), 1.4 Vcore
2x256Mb Corsair PC3200LL 2-2-2-4
Sapphire 9800Pro @412/740