• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Meet Stan Dmitriev of SurrogateTV on the Pi Cast TODAY! The show is live August 11th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Professional PC modder Mike Petereyns joins Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 13th at 3:00 pm ET (8:00 PM BST). Click here!

SteelSeries Apex M500 Successor To 6Gv2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantte

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2011
6Gv2 is a PS2 keyboard and I could bust someones head open with it it feels so solid. This is a USB keyboard and probably made of cheap plastic... NO it is not a replacement!

DSpider

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2009
Noooo! Why blue, SteelSeries?? Blue is so fugly! Especially that shade... The white LEDs were so beautiful, it matched your mice and some awesome Fractal Design cases, and now...

And I see you moved the "Fn" key from the left side and added the Windows key back in. Disappoint, son... Disappoint. :(

honx8

Honorable
Oct 29, 2012

Now that I think about it, it costs exactly the same as the older 6Gv2. That leads me to believe that they've cut corners somewhere if a new product costs as much as a 5 year old one. Plus, mine's Cherry MX Black, the new ones are Red so I'm not that irritated anymore lol

Tony Casagrande

Reputable
Mar 14, 2014
ANSI layout. Reversed L enter keys are just wrong IMHO, so that's a bonus. Full- size yet minimalist design, also good. Probably should have RGB as an option so people can match to their color scheme and/or personality. Other switch options would be nice for work and play. Legends are way nicer than most gamer-oriented keyboards, though I'm betting they're not doubleshots but rather black-coated translucent keys that have been laser etched and are therefore vulnerable to wear. For the price with genuine Cherry MX switches, it seems like a pretty decent keyboard.

Just not for me. I'm really picky, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS