[SOLVED] Steelseries Arctis Pro w/ GameDAC (wired) Awful Sound Quality on PC

BetaPotata

Prominent
Sep 28, 2019
Just got this headset earlier today, and my first impressions of it were great. As with all SteelSeries products, the build quality and customization options you have with SteelSeries Engine 3 are great, but as I started listening to music on my PC to test the sound quality I was shocked by how bad it was. Two things to note though, 1. it sounds amazing when i use the headset on my phone, like best sound quality from a headset I've ever had, and 2. this same thing has happened to me before with the HyperX Cloud II's- terrible, headache inducing sound on PC, great sound on mobile. I assume this means it is an issue with my PC, but the same thing also happened on my sister's PC (for both the Arctis Pro and Hyperx Cloud II). The only similarity between our computers though is that we both used to have the same Razer headset, and had the Razer Synapse software installed previously. I don't know if that can interfere with different brand headsets, but I thought it was at least mentionable. Any help you may be able to offer would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
Steelseries Arctis 7 here. And absolutely love them. Best headset I've used, albeit I've never actually used any of the high-end audiophile stuff.

But gotta say, music sounds great, games are very immersive with the 7:1 enabled. I'm so impressed with these that my daughter received a Series 1 set for Christmas, and plugged in or wireless, I can't get them off her head.

If there's a question of conflict, that's easily remedied. Use the Uninstaller to get rid of the program. Then use ccleaner to finish cleaning, then use ccleaner registry to get rid of any orphans or links the old Razer software might have installed.

That'll pretty much wipe out anything Razer from the system.

One thing I did notice about the headphones was...
Just got this headset earlier today, and my first impressions of it were great. As with all SteelSeries products, the build quality and customization options you have with SteelSeries Engine 3 are great, but as I started listening to music on my PC to test the sound quality I was shocked by how bad it was. Two things to note though, 1. it sounds amazing when i use the headset on my phone, like best sound quality from a headset I've ever had, and 2. this same thing has happened to me before with the HyperX Cloud II's- terrible, headache inducing sound on PC, great sound on mobile. I assume this means it is an issue with my PC, but the same thing also happened on my sister's PC (for both the Arctis Pro and Hyperx Cloud II). The only similarity between our computers though is that we both used to have the same Razer headset, and had the Razer Synapse software installed previously. I don't know if that can interfere with different brand headsets, but I thought it was at least mentionable. Any help you may be able to offer would be greatly appreciated.
Lol great sound on a gaming headset XD

Do you have all the relevant drivers installed, how are you plugging them into the PC and the phone and if you're plugging via AUX what is your soundcard?

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Steelseries Arctis 7 here. And absolutely love them. Best headset I've used, albeit I've never actually used any of the high-end audiophile stuff.

But gotta say, music sounds great, games are very immersive with the 7:1 enabled. I'm so impressed with these that my daughter received a Series 1 set for Christmas, and plugged in or wireless, I can't get them off her head.

If there's a question of conflict, that's easily remedied. Use the Uninstaller to get rid of the program. Then use ccleaner to finish cleaning, then use ccleaner registry to get rid of any orphans or links the old Razer software might have installed.

That'll pretty much wipe out anything Razer from the system.

One thing I did notice about the headphones was multiple settings in Windows. 1 setting is for Headset, the other for Headphones and that can make a sizable difference in quality of sound.

Solution