SteelSeries Bringing Back Fan Favorite Siberia V2 Headset With New Name, New Colors

Status
Not open for further replies.
$20k says they're over priced.
dont know about that. Bought mine factory direct on eBay for $60 with the USB sound card... it did take a while to get here, but it felt and sounded like a pretty nice $100-150 headset to me. And that mic is best in class for any headset under $200.
Not sure about the colors though... give me all black or all white. Colors are for kids.

mcknzy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I like the return,Some of the colors are not to my taste but Its nice to have options,I will have to wait for the purple ones.Good job listening to your fans Steel.

nikolajj

Honorable
Feb 27, 2013
The yellow ear pads will not stay yellow. They should know better, the white Elite did not stay white, and they fixed that on the newest model.

Valantar

Honorable
Nov 21, 2014
Considering that the Siberia V2 was updated to the V3 (with better audio, mic and a more modern cable (short with 4-pole 3.5mm jack plus extension with mic+audio splitter), I can't really see what people have been complaining about. The V3 looks better, sounds better, and hopefully won't break as often (due to the removable cable). Why bring back an outdated, inferior design?

cliffro

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2007
Considering that the Siberia V2 was updated to the V3 (with better audio, mic and a more modern cable (short with 4-pole 3.5mm jack plus extension with mic+audio splitter), I can't really see what people have been complaining about. The V3 looks better, sounds better, and hopefully won't break as often (due to the removable cable). Why bring back an outdated, inferior design?

My V2's also have removable cables, they also outlasted the V3's I bought. The V3's sound was better only in gaming, music sounds better with the V2s(clearer mids). I'm very glad I kept the V2's around after getting my V3's since the 4pole connector took a dump and was only playing out the left side. The male connector is loose, and with a light touch will work in stereo or not at all, but defaults to L only.

I'd buy the updated V2's when available.

Status
Not open for further replies.