[SOLVED] SteelSeries Engine won't work

nathanj_15

Reputable
May 26, 2016
Out of nowhere my rival 300 sensitivity is way off. It's way to high. I opened the SteelSeries Engine and clicked on my rival, and there was a note at the top saying windows pointer settings were affecting the sensitivity. There was a button to "change these settings" to fix it and I clicked that and nothing happened. Not even changing the DPI in the Engine does anything, the only thing that changes it is manually adjusting the pointer speed. Windows updates and SteelSeries are up to date. Can someone please help?

Thank you,
Nathan

Specs:
mobo: Asus Z170 Deluxe (intel)
GPU: EVGA GTX Armor 1060 3gb
CPU: Intel core i5 7600k
Ram: Evo Potenza 16gb
PSU: EVGA 500w bronze

Solution
Maybe try uninstalling steelseries and reinstall it again, might fix the problem.

You could do a clean boot and close everything at startup except for steelseries, could be a conflict
Make sure to read instructions and make sure NOT to disable any Microsoft services or windows won't load right - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

if clean boot fixes it, it shows its likely a start-up program. You should, over a number of start-ups. restart the programs you stopped to isolate the one that is to blame.

i have to thank you for reminding me about that change, I had been using a book instead of a mousepad for last few months since getting a new PC, as mouse seemed to stick to...

Colif

Win 11 Master
Its meant to turn this off - https://www.tomshardware.com/news/how-to-disable-mouse-acceleration-windows,36886.html so see if doing it manually makes any difference.

N7gX28Z.jpg

it worked on my pc, mouse cursor seems way smoother now.

Colif

Win 11 Master
do you have latest BIOS and chipset drivers for motherboard? updating software on the PC could help as well.

I have used steelseries mice for about 10 years now, I used a Sensei for as long as I could, it wasn't the original colour it started as, only stopped as its onboard drivers were messing with windows 10. I did have problems with the engine recognising the mouse for a while. The 300 no longer available but they only up to 310 now so its not a case of mouse being too old. I see they haven't released a 610 yet. I wonder where the weights are... i found default mouse heavy enough to never use them.

nathanj_15

Reputable
May 26, 2016
do you have latest BIOS and chipset drivers for motherboard? updating software on the PC could help as well.

I have used steelseries mice for about 10 years now, I used a Sensei for as long as I could, it wasn't the original colour it started as, only stopped as its onboard drivers were messing with windows 10. I did have problems with the engine recognising the mouse for a while. The 300 no longer available but they only up to 310 now so its not a case of mouse being too old. I see they haven't released a 610 yet. I wonder where the weights are... i found default mouse heavy enough to never use them.
yes my BIOS and drivers are up to date which is why im at such a loss:/

Colif

Win 11 Master
Maybe try uninstalling steelseries and reinstall it again, might fix the problem.

You could do a clean boot and close everything at startup except for steelseries, could be a conflict
Make sure to read instructions and make sure NOT to disable any Microsoft services or windows won't load right - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

if clean boot fixes it, it shows its likely a start-up program. You should, over a number of start-ups. restart the programs you stopped to isolate the one that is to blame.

i have to thank you for reminding me about that change, I had been using a book instead of a mousepad for last few months since getting a new PC, as mouse seemed to stick to it before, now its back to normal.

Solution