SteelSeries Launches New Siberia Headsets

Status
Not open for further replies.

radon_antila

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2011
It's not pictured in the article, so here's a direct link to the RAW Prism:

http://steelseries.com/products/audio/steelseries-siberia-raw-prism

Now, I'm a fan of the Siberia v2 Frost Blues, but after seeing the RAW Prism images, I'm beginning to think the minimalist illumination design looks a lot better than any of the other, more expensive offerings.

And it's probably because the thin-orange/blue-ring-on-white motif (the first two images in the product site) reminds me of Portal. This RAW Prism is the headset I imagine Chell would wear.

Depending on how the sound output is on it, I think I would agree with you.

MrGulio

Reputable
Apr 17, 2014
I'm still using a pair of Siberia v1s to this day and they are the best headphones I've ever used for PC gaming. Hopefully the v3s live up to the Siberia Legacy.

cliffro

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2007

I read a bunch of negative reviews on USB versions of some of their headphones, but the analog versions didn't seem to have as many complaints.

I've had 3 sets of Siberia V2's that were all brilliant. I got good deals on limited edition versions that didn't sell well and ended up giving the previous pairs to friends who still enjoy them. My extension cable on my current pair did get skinned a bit by the wheel on my chair, but no wires were damaged and some electrical tape made it disappear.

I might give the RAW version a go and see how they compare.

EZLife

Reputable
Oct 2, 2014
@Novuake , the Siberia was never value for money!! If you actually know sound quality you would know the Siberia v2's is the worst headset available (sound wise).. yes it looks nice and is quite fashionable but for sound its f#cking horrible..

EZLife

Reputable
Oct 2, 2014
Just compare it to the logitech G430, Corsair Vengeance 1500 or any other proper headset.. I had the Siberia v2 (navi edition) and the bass coudn't even handle itself on low volume.. Yes it can go loud and its fine for gaming, teamspeak etc, but don't expect good quality sound..

Status
Not open for further replies.