(Steelseries Rival 300) M5 and M4 Not working

cmasterc4

Reputable
Dec 27, 2015
steelseries rival 300 side buttons not registering. They click, but they do not register in games or in the engine (3.11.7)

cmasterc4

Reputable
Dec 27, 2015
yeah I did, they just told me to clear regedit and reinstall the engine (which does nothing), and they told me something about a warrenty. I think their customer service should be a little better, it feels like they are always evading the problem, but again i could just be overthinking it. How i got to the conclusion of them just evading the problem is these answers that we got from them.

"You can assign macros by using SteelSeries Engine 3 with supported devices. Our older devices use varying software packages that can be found on our downloads page."

"Please note that this will delete any saved configures within SSE, so please save them to the cloud.

1) Download and install CCleaner (it's free): http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download/standard

2) Go to ‘Tools’ tab -> Uninstall
Find the SteelSeries Engine and uninstall it.

3) Go to the ‘Registry’ tab on the left side -> scan for issues -> fix selected issues

Next, we will need to uninstall the existing driver( if there is one) completely.

1) Make sure your SteelSeries Engine is up to date. Install the latest version if you have not already. It's very important that the latest version of SteelSeries Engine is installed PRIOR to taking the next steps. Please find the latest version at: http://steelseries.com/downloads

2) Using the search functionality in Windows, search for "Device Manager" - click and open it
Note: If this does not work, search for "Control Panel" and navigate to Device Manager

3) Find the device in the device tree under 'human interface devices'

4) Right click and select "Properties"
4a) If there is a second or multiple entries related to the device, you will need to repeat this process.

5) Click "Driver" on the top toolbar and select "Uninstall (Advanced)" at the bottom.

6) Ensure the checkbox is checked and uninstall the driver.

7) Once this is done, unplug the device and plug it into a different USB port to allow the driver to reinstall.

If the issue persists, are you able to test the device on another computer?"

(just a complicated way of just saying "Reset the regedit and delete the engine and download it again", its like gamestop saying "Did you turn it on and off?" or something on the lines of that)

cmasterc4

Reputable
Dec 27, 2015
I've done this multiple times with no results, the side buttons are not registering at all. I do not really feel like sending the mouse in for a warranty, but if i have to i will.

Latest posts