Steelseries Rival 300 wheel problem (it makes noises when touched).

blumper

Reputable
Nov 14, 2015
Hey, I bought Steelseries Rival 300 about a week ago, and I had a strange problem with the wheel. Whenever I scroll or even touch it, it would make a noise which is caused due to its travel (before the click). I have no idea if this is normal...
Also Ive recorded my problem: https://youtu.be/_pExN63B_w8
Thanks!

Solution
As long as the scroll wheel doesn't turn into a navigation button or is misclicked as a middle button then you're fine. In defense of Steelseries, the video shows your finger first depressing the wheel and then scrolling which in essence is the cause of the issue. If you were to go easier on the wheel and scroll gently back and scroll back and forth you may not see the issue.

Lutfij

Titan
As long as the scroll wheel doesn't turn into a navigation button or is misclicked as a middle button then you're fine. In defense of Steelseries, the video shows your finger first depressing the wheel and then scrolling which in essence is the cause of the issue. If you were to go easier on the wheel and scroll gently back and scroll back and forth you may not see the issue.

Solution