SteelSeries Siberia 800 Gaming Headset Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

mac_angel

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2008
my issue was that they have incredibly bad customer service. I had the 800s myself, and on the box it said it supported the latest version of their software. Only to find out when I hooked everything up, and downloaded the software, it wouldn't recognize the 800s. Talking to tech support, the girl kept me waiting for 22 minutes while she was "chatting with other customers".
I put in a complaint with the Canadian regulating committee about the labeling being an outright lie. Luckily I bought them from Amazon and was able to return them. Almost any other store won't let you return headphones for sanitary reasons.

anneoneamouse

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2011
A dumb-guy's synopsis, just by skimming the review:
Expensive
Poor sound quality
Hardware looks pretty
Uncomfortable
A person who doesn't look like Igor in the video

What did I miss?

A terrible product.

icycool_q1

Reputable
Feb 17, 2014
Arctis 7 please! I bought those because I did some research into the ones you just reviewed and didn't like what I read :)

gio2vanni86

Distinguished
May 3, 2009
I had these when they were priced at 300$. Lasted me two months before they went out. Before they went out they sounded incredible, i loved the interchangeable batteries. They sounded great for being wireless. The mic wasnt bad either, and it came in and out. But two months for that price. I was expecting a year maybe more. At that price it was hard to swallow i didnt even bother with tech support since figured i doubt they'd care. After that big empty hole in my pocket i told myself wireless isnt ready yet for my needs overall. If i spend 300. Anything below that will be garbage. And honestly everything was and is. If they can pay attention to quality parts inside as much as the presentation they were showing then maybe i'll try again in a decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.