Steiger's ERA HTPCs: Many Options For Three Models

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am actually glad to see the optical drive slot.

HTPCs should at least be able to play CD/DVD/BD. Even if you rip all your discs you may want to watch/listen one you just bought or a friend brings over.

Very slick looking case for sure.

Haravikk

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2013
Like others I'd buy the case in an instant, but for the price these units are very expensive for what you get; $1500 for an i3 using integrated graphics only? You could maybe argue $700 on the quality of the case and the upgradability, but I'm afraid they've priced these very poorly.

G

I love the case. If this didn't have an obnoxious logo on it, and came empty I would probably grab one. But let's face it, the case alone would probably be sold for over 500$, no way I would pay that much.

Other designers should look at this and get inspired. I hate cases that have all these irregular indentations, trying to look cool or sci-fi like. It always end up looking cheap and toy-like.

My dream case: Same look, no optical slot, no cut rectangle at the bottom, no logo, space for 5 SSDs.

Mr Black

Reputable
Jan 18, 2015
These cases look to be an OEM/ODM case from OriginAE.

I agree, that steiger dynamics logo is just too big, and adds nothing to product.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS