Step by step instructions on overclocking Core i7 on Asus P6T mobo

Cabro

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2009
Hi,
I built a new gaming rig but it's my first Intel build and it was expensive so I'm a little afraid to get my feet wet in overclocking it. I'd like someone who's familiar with the Core i7 to lead me through it.

Silverstone Raven Case
Asus P6T Mobo
Core i7 920 CPU
Xigmatek Dark Knight CPU Cooler
3GB Corsair 1600MHz RAM
ATI Radeon HD 4850 X2 2GB GPU
500GB SATA HDD

CompuTronix

Intel Master
Many of the more popular computer enthusiast websites have "Stickies", which were written by Forum Members to provide information and answers for common questions. Although the Stickies here at Tom's Forums are not clearly identified as such, just ^l00k^ ^up^ at the top of whatever Forum you're in. The Stickies are the only threads which are permanently "stuck" to the top of the Forums. They have a bold red arrow -> to their left, and are posted in bold blue characters. Here's a link to point you in the right direction: -> Core i7 Overclocking Guide - http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/forum-29-347.html

Concerning the way you worded your question; some cautionary advice: Respectfully, we get far too many "users" that are too lazy to perform their own research, (for which only you are responsible), won't read, and are not interested in learning or understanding. You are expected to read the Stickies and SEARCH (located top-dead-center) for answers, before asking others to devote their precious time to provide answers for you. "Users" ask endless questions, are only interested in "using" us to get quick and easy spoon-fed answers, have nothing worthwhile to contribute, and are quickly exposed. We're always glad to help newcomers who are willing to help themselves, but we have no use for "users".

Welcome aboard, and again, please read the Stickies before posting questions. If you still can't figure it out after making an honest effort, then feel free to ask a question.

Comp :sol: